Friday, February 21, 2020

Freaking tired. But got a lot done today.

Rested when my body needed to. Ate something like 3 apples. Yes, I also consumed about four cookies, but I think the including the apples will help me in future break my sugar addiction.

Kay brought me coffee.  I asked her to get it black so I could add my own milk.  Did not wind up adding milk.  One small step towards freedom from sugar and dairy.

Drank tea.  Again without milk or sugar.

Drank water. I didn't use ice cubes this time (my earlier cup spilled on the bed), but my system seems to be working. I have enough ice cubes, and they taste good. (I put the tray in a ziplock freezer bag to prevent the ice from acquiring the flavor of the freezer.

Cleaned up that one patch of mess in my room.  The mice have far less to eat now.  I moved things downstairs.  Picked up and sorted most of the fallen change on the floor - found a perfect little white bucket for the pennies, and everything else in a separate cup.  Now there's a system - I know where to put the pennies when I'm emptying my pockets.  And I might find some ways of using them more now, too.

I was watching a cleaning video while I cleaned - or rather, I started watching it beforehand so it would inspire me to get up and get things done (it worked).  One very interesting tip the video offered  was to let your areas of clutter tell you a story: it says that something about that space's use isn't working out.  That one patch in my room has been a long-term area of clutter, and I know why.  The trash that lands there needs a better home.  And the stuff I'm actually using... Well, I need more hooks for the backpacks, I think.  And also a system for my nature journaling supplies, and my current books in use, and the current electronics in use, and my other stuff I'm using...

So I started another kind of system.  Since I planted the strawberries yesterday, the purple bucket is free.  So it's become the composting bucket for our room.  Now I won't be putting paper plates on the floor or on a random surface.  They have a place to go.  And I can empty the bucket each day.  I'll be bringing in the hallway trash bin and recycling bin soon too - they are small enough to fit into that nook.  Then consistency will be key, and I won't be leaving messes in the room anymore.  Building positive habits.

Speaking of habits... I think I know a couple themes for my youtube show... :)

I copied down some information about 6 major plant nutrients. Helps me understand and to ask better questions about what plants need in their growth cycles, which will hopefully help me follow the garden books more easily, as well as know when/if/what kinds of fertilizers to use.

Now I need to ask for help on plant propagation. Perhaps I could pay a visit to the Presidio Native Plant Nursery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home