Saturday, February 08, 2020

Stuff I did, stuff to do...

Worked on the garden yesterday - Dearborn Garden!!!  I planted about 6 strawberries, after clearing a swath of space.  Sprinkled worm castings on them and near the peas and carrots seedlings.  Watered them in well.  Tried to tie trellising for a couple of the pea plants.  Harvested some of the catnip, and also pulled out the dying potato stems (note to self - the catnip is growing on top of the potatoes in a thick knot).  I pruned some of the lemon verbena - the parts with the powdery mildew.  Also weeded a little close to the peas, carrots, and lettuce.  Watered everything in - I hope the kids will want to eat some of the lettuce on Monday!

I will need to buy more peas seeds.  Grow more peas plants and then transplant them in (or have the kids help me - preferably two at a time).  I think I should make an edible bouquet for the littler kids on Monday.  And also get all the watering cans ready, so they can all water at once.  Ready the catnip and take it in to the SPCA or to Animal Control - maybe get Logan's help.  I will need to weed near the lemon thyme - if the lemon thyme is struggling, I may need to transplant it to a sunnier location.  I eventually need to try to start lemon verbena weed the entire garden area, and fill in the space with other plants, seedlings, and seeds.  I need to prune the lemon verbena more, and shape it.  Also need to start bean seeds soon for the kids.  I will also need to prune the white sage and make sure it is growing well.  And water consistently.  Unlike last year.  And eventually sift and spread the worm castings in the bed too.  And eventually bring more.  Eventually make signs for the garden too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home