Monday, February 17, 2020

Reminder to self: I do enough.

I asked Kay yesterday if she could please encourage me to rest, because yesterday I was in a lot of pain.  So she did.

Today, we've only all just woken up, she is fresh out of the shower, and she's already in a bad mood about everything I haven't done.

The temptation to get down on myself is pretty great. I can already feel my good feelings going away and being replaced by self-loathing.

STOP!

No.  Don't let this bring me down.

I was exhausted and in pain yesterday.  And yet I got a bag full of compostables off the floor and into the compost.  I filled up the water for the plants and watered the peas sprouting.  I cooked the asparagus all up and ate it.  I made a plan for tomorrow to take stuff into work.  Caught a mouse and let it go outside.  And I booked a Zipcar for this weekend's field trip to the Foster Museum.

I got Logan prepared to go to the Academy of Sciences today. Checked my funds to make sure I could afford to renew.  We can.

Kay nagged about doing laundry, said she "didn't want to sound ugly, BUT..."  I will put a load in before we go.  I don't have to let her bad mood bring me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home