Thursday, August 20, 2015

I'm not sure how one overcomes the depression sometimes.  I can think my way out of it.  I can feel grateful for so much.  I can love.  Is it just a matter of sheer determination that separates the person mired in depression from the one ascending in spite of it?  But I mustn't think that way... What I mean is, the depression feels incapacitating sometimes.  Do I make myself keep walking when doing it hurts?  How?  How many times do we get pushed back down before we decide to rest and regain our strength?  And how long do we wait for our strength to return to activity?  I know we're strong just in being alive, breathing, and trying hard to survive... But when the world expects things of me that I struggle to do?  What then?

I need to accomplish something.  Anything, however small.  It hurts to think.

I would like to get things done tomorrow while Logan is at school.  I would like to turn in the recyclables for money, and go to the Crissy Field Center to work on their compost.  I would like to spend the weekend owning the paperwork and making the signs for the Center.  Can I do it?

Or would it be more sensible to get the lab work done tomorrow instead?  Something clear and simple.  Should I work on the compost outside until I collapse from exhaustion?  Can I?  Logan does need a bath.  Should I get up and have him take one?

Laundry first, then the bath.  I can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home