Saturday, April 18, 2020

Ouch

So it's 12:30, and for the past half hour, I've felt the acute beginnings of a headache.  It's right above my left temple, sharp and slowly spreading.  It's beginning to pinch my eye.  I wonder if it originated on my shingle scar?

The cause, you might be wondering... About half an hour ago, I bolted awake.  Noticed it was noon and briefly contemplated getting a chai to help me wake up for 1pm's meeting, before deciding half an hour more sleep was more important.  It was not to be.

Instead, Logan was flailing beside me on the bed, trying to lift his scooter by hooking its handlebars behind his neck and sitting up.  Naturally that woke me up a bit, and then he stole my pillow and tried to make me roll over on him.  I begged to be let to lie down, and he finally obliged.  Less than a second later, Kay yelled my name and showed up behind our door.  She yelled through that today, she wants me to finish my room so that "we" can work on the living room, and how was my meeting today at 4am, and can I please do something about the laundry before my meeting at 1pm, so that she can clean the bathroom floors, and can we please do the 2 minute nature journal video today that she wants to use for whichever project/grant/school thing/whatever, and and and.

Head-ache!

And then she sent Logan in here with a toy that she said "can't come in here until the room is clean" with her "stinky" tone of voice, which I hate.  And why would she send him in here with a toy that he can't even have in here??? Knowing full well that HE will want it in here!  Giving me more work to convince him to give it back to her.

At least she's working on her own room right now instead of being harassing about ours.

And Logan brought me a cup of lemonade that we shared.  Thank you, son. :)

It's almost like Kay doesn't remember sending me to the Castro yesterday and making me bring like four bags of stuff home from the massive list she gave me, and the cleaning I try to do each day, combined with getting Logan to do his distance learning (this was his first week), and my NJ meetings (which I consider to be job skills), not to mention managing my normal symptoms of mental health, and getting rid of the mice!  And that I have a list of my own of stuff to do.

Logan and I started a load of laundry.  I put the other laundry in our room, along with a collection bucket, and moved the shop vac into the front room and moved the back of rocks outside (instead of Kay complaining, which I know she would do!).  The floor in here smells again, and Logan has been peeing on things in the room again, so I'll need to clean the carpet again after I vacuum up the mouse droppings again in hopes of them leaving (and there being fewer things in the room so I can finally figure out how they're getting in).

Whew.

OK, meeting in 15 minutes.  Luckily it's a meeting I love.  I'd love to go get some tea from the kitchen, but Kay would probably make me lose my appetite with her complaining.  I guess making Mexican rice is out today too. :/ I'll go try to move the compost out of the fridge now before the meeting starts - one less thing to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home