Friday, July 05, 2019

Without

I wonder at my anger, listening to this one podcast.  Why am I angry?  Is it because my own experiences were glossed over when I tried to share them, that the speaker spoke over me so frequently back when we knew each other?  Is it because the speaker had the wealth and luxury to live as he chose, and probably still does, while I've known poverty since the time I was three years old?  Is it hearing his raw privilege that angers me so?

No.  I think it's because when it comes to him, I have always felt invisible.

I have felt invisible to so many people.  To so many within our community.  To the world.

But I am not invisible to the plants.

When I am alone in nature, in my homes, I feel alive.  So maybe that's where I should be more often.

Away from others.

Without allowing them to hurt me anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home