So folks are saying Daniel's abusive. They say I should leave him and find someone else.
Do they think I don't know that?
I do. If it were that easy, I would.
I can't for two reasons:
1) I need to escape Kay. In terms of Daniel or her, she's more abusive. I can't get away from her. I need his help to escape.
2) Even if/when I leave Daniel to seek a life free of abuse (if it ever becomes safe enough to leave, which it isn't right now), I already know what there is for me. I'd be alone. Daniel is the only man who has ever said yes. I don't have endless prospects like other girls, for a very big reason: I'm mentally ill. Even when I control my mental illness, it never goes away, and most guys rightly don't want to put up with that.
Daniel is very likely the only relationship I've ever had a chance of having. I want to enjoy it for as long as I can. I'm not ready to be alone for the rest of my life.
But when it's time, I know I'll be able to handle it. I won't ever give up.
Or if I do... I'll finish it quickly. No lingering pain for anyone.
Do they think I don't know that?
I do. If it were that easy, I would.
I can't for two reasons:
1) I need to escape Kay. In terms of Daniel or her, she's more abusive. I can't get away from her. I need his help to escape.
2) Even if/when I leave Daniel to seek a life free of abuse (if it ever becomes safe enough to leave, which it isn't right now), I already know what there is for me. I'd be alone. Daniel is the only man who has ever said yes. I don't have endless prospects like other girls, for a very big reason: I'm mentally ill. Even when I control my mental illness, it never goes away, and most guys rightly don't want to put up with that.
Daniel is very likely the only relationship I've ever had a chance of having. I want to enjoy it for as long as I can. I'm not ready to be alone for the rest of my life.
But when it's time, I know I'll be able to handle it. I won't ever give up.
Or if I do... I'll finish it quickly. No lingering pain for anyone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home