Saturday, December 16, 2006

floors

It is finished. Six hours of scrubbing ...the hallway is halfway finished with the vacuuming. I scrubbed the kitchen floor on hands and knees - the mop is not yet replaced... the dishes lay scattered haphazardly about the wooden dishrack. Scrubbed the computer clean (inside and out!) too, so now making the PICA photo library will be much easier. I am on the last leg of the shower base. I had no idea of how dirty it was. There was so much vomit ...our housemate as of late last Tuesday must have been miserable with himself when he awoke the next morning. The mess clung to the undersides of the bowl, to places that involved bending over so far that my hair touched the ground.

By Wednesday, two weeks from next week, it will be a faded memory. No smell, no touch.

I've been listening to music all night long as I clean. I admit, it has been relaxing. Some people came by and hung out - nice to talk to people. I have some ideas of what to do with the food in the refrigerator. Some of it is nearing its day. A small amount of salad that I salvaged - salad I had originally bought at someone else's request. Ahhh. It has been so long since I have eaten lettuce. I ate it eagerly, like candy. A small bit of pasta left, and a huge amount of spoiling pasta sauce ...no chips ...well, maybe the Village Kitchen pantry will yield something tomorrow, something that I can later on replace when food is not at spoil. More fixings for a frittata. A HUGE amount of dairy. I heated milk and put some Mexican chocolate in with it ...the milk was what added the sweetness to the beverage. :-) Another three hours to go ...I ought to make some rosemary tea to keep me going. Early morning tomorrow. Tomorrow, I dedicate to la Huerta...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home