approaching wintertime
The Garden will be fine this winter. All it really needs is continual watching, just making sure that everything is kept up on. The leaf mould atop the beds may need augmenting to, every once in a few weeks. I want to continue starting overwintering veggies in my room, just to make sure we have enough. More appropriately, just in case some of the ones who’ve been around for a while can take a rest if they need to.
I could put more roots in the ground. There is no hope for potatoes, as they tend to die off in winter – or perhaps it was that particularly devastating frost we hit last year. It was beautiful, and probably much needed for certain members of ecosystems or agroecosystems. It did not make the potatoes too happy about life. Hmmm. Maybe using Marley’s kiddie pool will help keep them warm, if we try.
Just needing to open up the drainage ditch again, since it has been closed in over the months, and we’re set. The paths are mulched, which will thrill Steve greatly. The majority of areas have been covercropped as they need to be. The only other thing appears to be watering three times a day, or as much as they need it. I’ve left some areas unwatered, knowing that the seeds will sit in the soils until rain comes. It will save us a bit of extra irrigation water to wait until the rain system can feed them. I will keep them covered with remae until that happens…
Until then…
Paz,
~Yvea
I could put more roots in the ground. There is no hope for potatoes, as they tend to die off in winter – or perhaps it was that particularly devastating frost we hit last year. It was beautiful, and probably much needed for certain members of ecosystems or agroecosystems. It did not make the potatoes too happy about life. Hmmm. Maybe using Marley’s kiddie pool will help keep them warm, if we try.
Just needing to open up the drainage ditch again, since it has been closed in over the months, and we’re set. The paths are mulched, which will thrill Steve greatly. The majority of areas have been covercropped as they need to be. The only other thing appears to be watering three times a day, or as much as they need it. I’ve left some areas unwatered, knowing that the seeds will sit in the soils until rain comes. It will save us a bit of extra irrigation water to wait until the rain system can feed them. I will keep them covered with remae until that happens…
Until then…
Paz,
~Yvea

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home