So Logan thinks it's creepy when I talk to myself, even when I try to talk quietly. Maybe it's because I whisper. Maybe that makes it creepier. Wait - just asked him, and he said no.
Today's workshop was good! I was so nervous because Jack signed up to attend (who doesn't get a bit nervous when their greatly admired mentor decides to come to a meeting that you, the student, set up?), but it wound up not being intimidating at all. It was so relaxed. :) We had six people total, myself included, and folks seemed interested in doing this again. So we will. :) I posted another meeting time for next Friday. Wondering if that's too soon... I hope not. The best part was getting an interesting list of things to practice. Everyone had different things that are hard for them: pinecones, owl heads at 3/4 views, trees without leaves, multi-pinnately compound leaves (mine), Momordica foetida (which I noticed is abbreviated 'MOFO', haha), mosses and other small things with great amounts of detail... I'm excited about exploring each of these things! It seemed like it wasn't enough time for even the two things we got to enjoy... We could have gone so much deeper! But it was so worth it, seeing everyone's different approaches to these things. :)
I had originally planned to harvest a poison hemlock leaf from that area in front of Mission High School, in order to provide a sample when I asked for help. But when I went over there this morning, the poison hemlock was gone, as well as all the other weeds in the front (and any trash that might have been there). This is great! Someone worked very hard on that area! And now there are bare patches of soil. It would be perfect to plant some ornamentals there... But it was extremely sunny and hot today. Suppose it takes a while for the precipitation to return? Suppose our formerly good foggy weather is now gone. :( Global climate change, again. If there's no rain, then wouldn't it risk killing the transplants to put them in now, even if I were to go over and water them every day?
I don't know.
Today's workshop was good! I was so nervous because Jack signed up to attend (who doesn't get a bit nervous when their greatly admired mentor decides to come to a meeting that you, the student, set up?), but it wound up not being intimidating at all. It was so relaxed. :) We had six people total, myself included, and folks seemed interested in doing this again. So we will. :) I posted another meeting time for next Friday. Wondering if that's too soon... I hope not. The best part was getting an interesting list of things to practice. Everyone had different things that are hard for them: pinecones, owl heads at 3/4 views, trees without leaves, multi-pinnately compound leaves (mine), Momordica foetida (which I noticed is abbreviated 'MOFO', haha), mosses and other small things with great amounts of detail... I'm excited about exploring each of these things! It seemed like it wasn't enough time for even the two things we got to enjoy... We could have gone so much deeper! But it was so worth it, seeing everyone's different approaches to these things. :)
I had originally planned to harvest a poison hemlock leaf from that area in front of Mission High School, in order to provide a sample when I asked for help. But when I went over there this morning, the poison hemlock was gone, as well as all the other weeds in the front (and any trash that might have been there). This is great! Someone worked very hard on that area! And now there are bare patches of soil. It would be perfect to plant some ornamentals there... But it was extremely sunny and hot today. Suppose it takes a while for the precipitation to return? Suppose our formerly good foggy weather is now gone. :( Global climate change, again. If there's no rain, then wouldn't it risk killing the transplants to put them in now, even if I were to go over and water them every day?
I don't know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home