Plans
OK, new goal. Don't post on social media.
Take time away from annoying people. They have busy lives. I talk too much. Should be either a listener, or silent and invisible.
What's my plan for when I feel tempted to deviate from this?
- Come here and post. No one reads here. It's just me.
- Think of something small to do. Any small task. The important thing is not to take on too much, especially if symptoms are already acting up.
-
--> But what do I do about the pain?
OK, thought exercise: if I were to look back on this time in six months, how will I have wished I'd handled the pain?
I know, I will wish that I had been productive anyway, no matter how much pain I am in. Because good things might happen. Or, even if they don't, I still have responsibilities. At minimum, I have a responsibility to: *most importantly* take care of Logan, and aside from my sweet boy, get out of everyone else's way.
I have projects. These don't make an impact on people that I know of. But hoarding all this stuff does. So I need to use it up, give it away, recycle it. Let it go.
Do I have any responsibilities to others?
If I do, then I need to make a list and fulfill those responsibilities, so I can stop bothering people.
But is anyone actively waiting on anything right now?
I have that workshop on Friday. Maybe I should cancel it. Aside from that, no. No one really needs me for anything.
Marley usually likes me to attend his Nature Journal Show premiere. I enjoy those evenings. To prevent from any sort of notice or big deal, I ought to keep attending these. Still enjoy, always thank Marley, but perhaps speak less and listen more. Don't annoy people there so much; I know I have a tendency to blather on, so I need to control that better. Role: supporter/listener.
I could check in with Arielle. But she knows me well. She knows when I'm not well. Which is always. But I still need to be there for her. That's what a good friend does.
I can write brief thank you's to Liora, Sarah, any other friends to check in with. Keep it light.
Don't bother the Center or my restoration crew.
Oh yes! Share the photos with Michael C. - I promised him I would. And get the packets ready for the Buen Dia kids - I owe them all their work from the past year.
I sent Jack $100 for the workshops he's teaching. Each month, I shall do that.
If I can otherwise focus on removing things from upstairs... Then that will get things out of Kay's way. A little bit at a time, each bit I move downstairs already labeled, so they will be easier to find again, instead of it all being disorganized. No sense in wasting time when I can do it right from the start.
* Note to self: if I empty the things from the lab area into a single container, I could put them on the white metal shelves downstairs with the other gardening supplies. Then I will have more time to organize at my leisure later, while making the area neat and tidy for Kay's preference. As well as be able to move the books sooner.
I could stop attending the video parties after the ones I've already signed up for finish up. Except maybe for Elizabeth's. I really enjoyed the sit spot!
And I could diagram those for Cati. I promised I would, and the mantis shrimp really are fascinating!
I could ready Beste's package and send it off. Could have Kay help me box the gifts. I owe her. It's years overdue.
Finish up the habitat restoration journal entries. Post them. Then I will fulfill that obligation too.
And then... then it's just me and Logan. Then self-discipline really begins, because I won't be able to rely on any external validation for my compass.
And as for the Crissy Field Center garden? I will let them take the lead on that. I will take careful notes of their expectations. I will not get in the way, especially not with everything up in the air the way it is right now.
Take time away from annoying people. They have busy lives. I talk too much. Should be either a listener, or silent and invisible.
What's my plan for when I feel tempted to deviate from this?
- Come here and post. No one reads here. It's just me.
- Think of something small to do. Any small task. The important thing is not to take on too much, especially if symptoms are already acting up.
-
--> But what do I do about the pain?
OK, thought exercise: if I were to look back on this time in six months, how will I have wished I'd handled the pain?
I know, I will wish that I had been productive anyway, no matter how much pain I am in. Because good things might happen. Or, even if they don't, I still have responsibilities. At minimum, I have a responsibility to: *most importantly* take care of Logan, and aside from my sweet boy, get out of everyone else's way.
I have projects. These don't make an impact on people that I know of. But hoarding all this stuff does. So I need to use it up, give it away, recycle it. Let it go.
Do I have any responsibilities to others?
If I do, then I need to make a list and fulfill those responsibilities, so I can stop bothering people.
But is anyone actively waiting on anything right now?
I have that workshop on Friday. Maybe I should cancel it. Aside from that, no. No one really needs me for anything.
Marley usually likes me to attend his Nature Journal Show premiere. I enjoy those evenings. To prevent from any sort of notice or big deal, I ought to keep attending these. Still enjoy, always thank Marley, but perhaps speak less and listen more. Don't annoy people there so much; I know I have a tendency to blather on, so I need to control that better. Role: supporter/listener.
I could check in with Arielle. But she knows me well. She knows when I'm not well. Which is always. But I still need to be there for her. That's what a good friend does.
I can write brief thank you's to Liora, Sarah, any other friends to check in with. Keep it light.
Don't bother the Center or my restoration crew.
Oh yes! Share the photos with Michael C. - I promised him I would. And get the packets ready for the Buen Dia kids - I owe them all their work from the past year.
I sent Jack $100 for the workshops he's teaching. Each month, I shall do that.
If I can otherwise focus on removing things from upstairs... Then that will get things out of Kay's way. A little bit at a time, each bit I move downstairs already labeled, so they will be easier to find again, instead of it all being disorganized. No sense in wasting time when I can do it right from the start.
* Note to self: if I empty the things from the lab area into a single container, I could put them on the white metal shelves downstairs with the other gardening supplies. Then I will have more time to organize at my leisure later, while making the area neat and tidy for Kay's preference. As well as be able to move the books sooner.
I could stop attending the video parties after the ones I've already signed up for finish up. Except maybe for Elizabeth's. I really enjoyed the sit spot!
And I could diagram those for Cati. I promised I would, and the mantis shrimp really are fascinating!
I could ready Beste's package and send it off. Could have Kay help me box the gifts. I owe her. It's years overdue.
Finish up the habitat restoration journal entries. Post them. Then I will fulfill that obligation too.
And then... then it's just me and Logan. Then self-discipline really begins, because I won't be able to rely on any external validation for my compass.
And as for the Crissy Field Center garden? I will let them take the lead on that. I will take careful notes of their expectations. I will not get in the way, especially not with everything up in the air the way it is right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home