side comments - fuck you, Daniel.
I was in the middle of explaining to you, Daniel. I started to say, "One very blatant difference between us (you and me) and them (my cousin and her husband) is-"
What I'd been about to say is that I've never cheated on you, whereas my cousin brags happily about screwing other guys instead of her husband.
But no. You couldn't stand for me to speak my truth. You interrupted, "-Is that I didn't sell out to them - but you did."
I took a deep breath. I wanted to yell at you, Stop with the accusations! But you kept talking, kept muttering, kept insulting me. And I secretly hate you for it.
So I didn't speak. I remembered my decision yesterday: Only say you're right in arguments. But I've added one rule to that: if I can't say that "you're right" and let it go afterwards, if I take such great offense saying that because it's so blatantly untrue to me, then don't say anything.
I'm maintaining my silence. Maybe a creepy monotone will help me keep my calm. I'm furious with you right now. But I won't give you fuel. No ammunition for your cause to tear me down, because you have to 'win'. I'll remain silent. Not to deny you a victory. Rather, to prevent myself from utterly destroying you with my words.
I won't destroy anyone else ever again.
:(
I promise.
What I'd been about to say is that I've never cheated on you, whereas my cousin brags happily about screwing other guys instead of her husband.
But no. You couldn't stand for me to speak my truth. You interrupted, "-Is that I didn't sell out to them - but you did."
I took a deep breath. I wanted to yell at you, Stop with the accusations! But you kept talking, kept muttering, kept insulting me. And I secretly hate you for it.
So I didn't speak. I remembered my decision yesterday: Only say you're right in arguments. But I've added one rule to that: if I can't say that "you're right" and let it go afterwards, if I take such great offense saying that because it's so blatantly untrue to me, then don't say anything.
I'm maintaining my silence. Maybe a creepy monotone will help me keep my calm. I'm furious with you right now. But I won't give you fuel. No ammunition for your cause to tear me down, because you have to 'win'. I'll remain silent. Not to deny you a victory. Rather, to prevent myself from utterly destroying you with my words.
I won't destroy anyone else ever again.
:(
I promise.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home