Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Everything is okay. I went to a clinic yesterday in San Francisco to seek help for my digestion. It's been painful to eat for a while. The doctor gave me some tests and suggestions, and I'll be returning to see him in a week. Mom drove me up and back; she'll do the same thing next week. I am so thankful for that perfect amount of time I was able to spend with Mom. Kay Ellen, my godmother, came to the clinic with us. She is like a third parent to me, and it was good to see her. Our cat Romeo died on Monday, just a few hours before I got in. When Mom and I came back to San Francisco, we went to Kay's apartment and buried the cat in the backyard. I know it's going to be hard on Kay and the other two cats - Phoebe and Chandra - for a while. But it's not so bad - Romeo went peacefully in the end.

My stomach and intestines are hurting me now. Sometimes I wonder if this pain will ever stop, it seems so bad. But it is important to stay strong and optimistic. I am eating a pear now to see if it will quell the pain. The doctor told me to eat as much fibre as possible and gave me a prescription to fill. Mom tried to, and Walgreens wouldn't let her. So for the time being, I am trying cures solely based on diet and living, until I can get the medications. I'll keep going with it even afterwards, since I think it is the sole most important thing to my recovery to diet and handle stress healthfully. I'd tried fruit-fasting before: those days when I did it were some of the most peaceful days on my digestive tract that I've experienced all year. I stopped because I had nowhere to keep all my fruit (the bigger fridge was fully occupied, and my personal fridge smelled of active mold and rancid rot), and it all fermented. Now I have the same problem - no room in the communal fridge for my food. So I've been saving up non-perishables, even though grains cause me a lot of pain. My godmother gave me this pear yesterday; I think I am desperate enough for fruit that I could stand buying it every two days, just to keep eating it. Fruit rots so quickly.

Anyway, I will figure this out; just wanted to give an update that everything's okay. Or at least, my spirits are in the right place - for a little while. Let's see if I can keep that with me.

Cuidate

~Yvea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home